Opportunities to Participate
Our church has a number of groups that are dedicated to the development of caring connections between people:
- Youth Fellowships for Middle School and High School young people
- Women's Society and Circles
- Men's Breakfasts
- Adult Fellowship
- Memorial Weekend Family Camp
- Coffee and fellowship time between the two worship services
These groups meet at various times. They often include a missional / educational focus in addition to meeting social needs.
At Okemos Community Church we believe that God intends for us all to be life-long learners, especially as that relates to our lives of faith. Therefore, we strive to offer excellence in our Christian Education Program and provide opportunities for learning and growth, literally, from cradle and beyond.
Here is a sampling of the educational opportunities you might want to consider:
- A staffed nursery for infant and toddlers and is available for all worship and educational opportunities, as well as choir rehearsals.
- Sunday School classes for children, youth and adults, offered at both the 9:30 and 11:00 worship hours.
- Wednesday Night Alive (fellowship meal and program 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.). The programs on Wednesday nights focus on educational themes and Christian living. The programs are available regardless of whether or not you attend the dinner.
- Disciple Bible Study and other weekday and evening adult studies.
- Monthly Men's Breakfast (held on the third Sunday of each month at 7:45 am)
- Confirmation (youth) and New Members (adult) classes
- A seasonal study during Lent.
Mission and Outreach
Okemos Community Church is a congregation with a heart for missions. Through the leadership of the Mission and Outreach Committee, members and constituents are offered opportunities year-round to give of themselves through time, energy and financial resources to missional needs, which are local, national and world-wide in focus.
A hands-on, week-long mission experience is offered each Spring to Middle School and Senior High Youth and a bi-annual trip to work with our missions partners in Nicaragua is offered for adults and older youth.
In addition, the Okemos Community Church Women's Society has mission as a primary focus of their work.
We house an area food pantry and participate in service to the community through Lansing Area Christian Services.
Music is at the heart of how we worship. In addition to congregational singing, we offer a wide variety of ways in which men, women, young people and children can offer their gifts to God in praise and thanksgiving.
Opportunities are offered for participation in the following groups:
- Chancel Choir (adults - 11:00 worship)
- Chamber Choir (adults - 9:30 worship)
- Youth Choir (Middle and High School Youth)
- Children's Choir (Grades K - 5th grade)
- Handbell Choir (Adults and Youth)
Our music program strives to provide multicultural, traditional and contemporary Christian music that blend with the other elements of worship, providing a unified, but multi-faceted experience. All groups are lead by trained professional directors and all are welcome to participate.
Childcare is available during rehearsals.
Contribute to Our Recent Photos Feed
Have something you're interesting in but don't see it here? Contact us.